17 December 2008

Fast Food Senior Discount

My first senior discount. (Well, I'm not counting AARP discounts at motels.)

When I reached the pay window at Taco Bueno today (selected for lunch because it has drive-through and the temperature outside was 27 degrees), this sign was visible: If you're 55 or older, you've earned a 10% discount. Just ask about it when you order.

I was past the ordering point but asked anyway. Yes, that's 40¢ off.

I had a fleeting thought about whether anyone is ever carded when claiming senior status. And another thought about 55 being awfully young to be considered senior. And a final thought that I was very happy to save almost a half-dollar.

© 2008 Mary Bold, PhD, CFLE. The content of this blog or related web sites created by Mary Bold (www.marybold.com, www.boldproductions.com, College Intern Blog) is not under any circumstances to be regarded as professional, legal, financial, or medical advice. Or education advice. Or marital advice. Or even a tip.

No comments: