11 December 2008

Boomer Woman Transported by Film

Friends and family will confirm that I am not much influenced by a movie's reputation or review in deciding to go see it. In fact, there's little decision-making at all. I'll see anything.

But my usual fare is comedy. Sometimes romance. Sometimes the combination. I'm never dissuaded by a critic's warning of banality. "That's OK. I don't mind mindless."

While my usual pattern is to go to a movie in spite of the newspaper review, yesterday I went to a film in reaction to a review.

Chicago Tribune's Matt Pais on Transporter 3:
"Because sometimes you're just in the mood to see a car park on top of a moving train."

Who could resist that invitation? I went. And, hey, compared to the bicycle sequence, the car-park on the moving train was the realistic part of the movie.

I have no idea what Transporters 1 and 2 entailed but I am mildly amused at 3. And that I've seen it.

© 2008 Mary Bold, PhD, CFLE. The content of this blog or related web sites created by Mary Bold (www.marybold.com, www.boldproductions.com, College Intern Blog) is not under any circumstances to be regarded as professional, legal, financial, or medical advice. Or education advice. Or marital advice. Or even a tip.

No comments: