13 February 2009

Personal Technology: Transit on Your iPhone

I'm apps light. That means my iPhone has very few apps (small applications or programs) on it. I am reluctant to load the phone up with applications that I won't be able to recognize or remember a week after download. Hopstop, based on the popular Hopstop web site, is the exception.

For one thing, the icon for the app is the circled H that looks a lot like a transit sign in a big city. I have a good chance of recognizing that. As to remembering the purpose? Oh, that's not hard at all. Transit maps and platforms have always confounded me. And the printed schedules? Murderous. But I have previously found help at the Hopstop web site and the iPhone app mimics that resource. So, I've downloaded the app and I'll put it to the test in San Francisco this month.

© 2009 Mary Bold, PhD, CFLE. The content of this blog or related web sites created by Mary Bold (www.marybold.com, www.boldproductions.com, College Intern Blog) is not under any circumstances to be regarded as professional, legal, financial, or medical advice. Or education advice. Or marital advice. Or even a tip.

No comments: