18 January 2009

Boomer Woman's Political Walk-Out

Have you noticed Willie Brown all over cable news-and-commentary shows? He looks remarkably the same as... the olden days.

More than 30 years ago, I had that up-close view. I was (briefly) a member of California's Democratic Party State Central Committee. I was appointed by a State Senator whose name is long gone from my memory. I met my sponsor only a few times; my appointment had more to do with my employment by a labor union than any close association with the Senator.

Willie Brown was a feature of nearly every political event I attended in those years. When the Committee had an especially hot meeting, it was Willie who stood with an impassioned speech and led virtually all the attendees in a walk-out.

I was in that number and delighted that I was part of Willie's protest. Today, I chuckle at not remembering what the heck we were protesting.

© 2009 Mary Bold, PhD, CFLE. The content of this blog or related web sites created by Mary Bold (www.marybold.com, www.boldproductions.com, College Intern Blog) is not under any circumstances to be regarded as professional, legal, financial, or medical advice. Or education advice. Or marital advice. Or even a tip.

No comments: