03 May 2010

Red Hatters: A Sighting

Red Hatters have existed for only a dozen years. They already make up the largest social group of women. In the world!

I spotted these Red Hatters at a local restaurant last week. My first sighting since I learned of the Society about 5 years ago. That was when a colleague made a joke at a meeting, that I was appropriately aged for a Red Hat. I remember being surprised and mildly irritated. I had never heard of the Red Hat Society but her single sentence communicated it all. And all I could think was, how do you presume to know my age?

Oh, yeah. It would be my aging face.

More important in current day: how to explain Red Hatters to Tom Bold. If you think I don't follow much of popular culture, you cannot imagine where Tom is on that path.

© 2010 Mary Bold, PhD, CFLE. The content of this blog or related web sites created by Mary Bold (http://www.marybold.com/, http://www.boldproductions.com/, College Intern Blog) is not under any circumstances to be regarded as professional, legal, financial, or medical advice. Or education advice. Or marital advice. Or even a tip.

No comments: