25 May 2009

DOT Provides Wifi on All Roads

Clearly, I've been in a lot of highway rest areas in Texas this month. Here's my observation about my observation skills: I jumped to a conclusion about where Texas was installing wifi.

When I first spotted a Texas rest area with wireless access to the Internet, it was on I-35. So, I concluded that the interstate highways were the lucky spots.

Well, the Texas Department of Transportation (DOT) tends to all roads. And that's why wifi is turning up in rest areas on all sizes of road. Above sign is from the Safety Rest Area at Donley County on 287.

And as a boomer reader commented to me in email last week, it's amazing that as some states are cutting back on rest areas, Texas is building them bigger and better than ever.

© 2009 Mary Bold, PhD, CFLE. The content of this blog or related web sites created by Mary Bold (www.marybold.com, www.boldproductions.com, College Intern Blog) is not under any circumstances to be regarded as professional, legal, financial, or medical advice. Or education advice. Or marital advice. Or even a tip.

No comments: